Losi the Giant was the greatest fisherman across all the moana.
A mischievous and loyal friend to sea creatures and all humans, Losi will always be remembered as the hero who brought taro, the food of the Gods’, to Earth.
Inspired by Dahlia’s son, Mason, wanting a story about Samoan Superheroes that meets his sensory needs, Losi the Giant Fisherman was launched to celebrate World Autism Awareness Day and World Children’s Book Day.
- The first pick a path story in the world about a popular Samoan Myth and Legend.
- Develops cultural understandings and introduces knowledge around important Polynesian elements like different Gods (Tagaloa, Faʻatiu, Mafuiʻe), Samoan umu and the importance of vā (the sacred space between people where connections and relationships live) and restoring it in Polynesian cultures.
- Playful illustrations that help to visually engage readers, and those with sensory issues.
- Ideal for middle and senior primary aged students, families and educators.
- Highlights important learning and teaching points like the effects of overfishing and protecting marine ecosystems.
A V A I L A B L E F R O M
*Online an instore from our main retailer Lagi Routes from the Pacific
Store for the general public.
*Wheelers Books for schools and libraries.
*Retailers interested in stocking any of our Mila’s Books please contact us at email@example.com
Read the story behind the story here:
The Spinoff Article – How a traditional Samoan tale is helping kids with sensory needs